Everyone is welcome to stay and participate in our community as long as you follow our rules. If you cannot or will not follow our rules, you will be asked to leave. But they are pretty easy rules to follow, and are designed to make sure that all users feel welcome and comfortable contributing to the community.
These rules are in addition to those covered under the Calundur Terms of Service. These Calundur Community Rules apply to all of your User Submissions, as defined in the Terms of Service, including without limitation organizations, events, attractions, forum threads, forum replies, review, session reports, lists, photographs, files, hyperlinks, ratings, tags, comments, and any other visual or textual content.
The Short List
- Use common courtesy
- Respect others
The Long List
- Following the spirit of these rules is at least as important as following the rules themselves.
The following are prohibited:
- Anything that violates the Calundur Terms of Service
- Invite only people that you believe will participate in the community in good spirit.
- Copy-pasting text as descriptions of organizations, events or attractions that you do not have permission for.
- Adding affiliate codes to outgoing links for yourself or others, removing Calundur affiliate codes.
- Uploading logos or images that you do not have permission for.
- Mis-attributing the original author or creator of content, either directly or by omission.
- Gratuitous depictions of violence, nudity, and sexuality
- Disruptive content, including but not limited to:
- Excessive profanity
- Excessive "signatures" to posts, including anything involving images or web links
- Bigotry (e.g. racism, sexism, homophobia)
- Accusing other users of committing rules violations (e.g. accusing someone of trolling)
- Otherwise being a nuisance.
- Personal attacks, including but not limited to:
- Statements that abuse, harass, mock, insult, stalk, demean, threaten, or otherwise belittle another user, directly or indirectly, explicitly or implicitly, even if the other user started it, and even if you think the other user deserves it.
- Providing personal information about any person for malevolent purposes, including libel, slander, defamation, or harassment.
Here is what happens if you do not follow our rules:
- You may have posting privileges suspended or you may even be banned from the site. We reserve the right to immediately terminate or suspend anyone who fails to abide by our rules. The decision to suspend or terminate accounts will be made at the sole discretion of the site administrators. All account terminations (bannings) are to be considered final.
- The length of a suspension will depend primarily on your history of past warnings and suspensions. All things being equal, each subsequent violation will bring a longer suspension regardless of the perceived severity of the specific offense.
- Context matters. Individual posts are evaluated in the context of both the thread and other recent posts by the user.
- Bypassing a suspension with another account will get you indefinitely suspended from the site.
- Repeatedly inviting people who get banned will get you banned as well.
- Threads which degenerate into flame wars will be locked by moderators, regardless of who is at fault.